Families will find kid-friendly activities in Concord, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's riverfront, churches, and soccer matches. Top sights around the area include Harvard Square, Fenway Park, and Boston Museum of Fine Arts.
- You'll find 1430 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Boston
- The closest major airport is in Bedford, MA (BED-Laurence G. Hanscom Field), 4 mi (6.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Boston, MA (BOS-Logan Intl.), 18.9 mi (30.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Concord
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Old North Bridge, Louisa May Alcott's Orchard House, and The Wayside. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Walden Pond and Concord Visitors Center.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 5 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Concord. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hawthorne Inn - With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Boston Concord - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- North Bridge Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room kitchen.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Harvard Square, 14 mi/22.5 km from the heart of the city, and Fenway Park, which is 15.8 mi (25.5 km) away.
Getting Around Concord
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Concord Station. Concord may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Concord
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 52°F and the nighttime average to be 16°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 80°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 83°F during the day and 45°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 18°F at night
- About 48.86 inches of rain falls on Concord each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 18°F