Visitors can enjoy all that Croydon has to offer including the restaurants and shopping. Independence Hall, Liberty Bell Center, and Reading Terminal Market are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 427 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Philadelphia
- The closest major airport is in Philadelphia, PA (PNE-Northeast Philadelphia), 6.1 mi (9.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Trenton, NJ (TTN-Mercer), 13.6 mi (21.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Croydon
Independence Hall, Liberty Bell Center, and Reading Terminal Market are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Neshaminy State Park and Penn Community Bank Ampitheater.
As you make plans for a getaway to Croydon, the perfect accommodation may not be in the city center but there are 51 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Sonesta Philadelphia Rittenhouse Square is 17.3 mi (27.8 km) from the center of Croydon. This 4-star hotel in Philadelphia features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location.
- Philadelphia 201 Hotel is 17 mi (27.3 km) from central Croydon. This 3.5-star hotel in Philadelphia features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and a fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
- Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square is located 17.4 mi (28 km) from the heart of Croydon. This 4-star hotel in Philadelphia features 2 restaurants, free WiFi, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its central location.
Getting Around Croydon
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Croydon Station. Croydon may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Croydon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 24°F
- From April to June, the average is 85°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 52°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 71°F as the daytime average and 25°F as the nighttime average
- About 46.97 inches of rain falls on Croydon each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 85°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 26°F