Visitors can enjoy all that Danville has to offer including the restaurants, festivals, and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music and entertainment choices. A top sight in the area is Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
- You'll find 387 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Indianapolis
- The closest major airport is in Indianapolis, IN (IND-Indianapolis Intl.), 14 mi (22.5 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Danville
Indianapolis Motor Speedway is a notable place to visit in the region. Additionally, you'll find Splash Island and Capitol Sports Center in the area.
As you plan for your vacation to Danville, you might not find an accommodation in the city center, but you can choose from 260 hotels and other lodging options within the larger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Ramada by Wyndham Indianapolis Airport is located 15.9 mi (25.6 km) from the heart of Danville. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Indianapolis can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- La Quinta Inn Indianapolis Airport Lynhurst is 16.2 mi (26.1 km) from the center of Danville. This 2.5-star hotel in Indianapolis features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Our customers like its WiFi and proximity to the airport.
- Hyatt Regency Indianapolis is 20.7 mi (33.4 km) from central Danville. This 4-star hotel in Indianapolis features 3 restaurants, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and central location.
Popular places to visit outside the city include NCAA Hall of Champions, located 20.3 mi (32.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Eiteljorg Museum of American Indians and Western Art, which is 20.4 mi (32.8 km) away.
Dressing for Danville
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 58°F during the day and 20°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 85°F, while the average at night is 38°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 85°F with nighttime averages of 50°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 71°F and nighttime averages of 21°F
- About 42.48 inches of rain falls on Danville each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°F