Visiting Excelsior Springs
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Excelsior Springs, and visitors give high marks for the relaxing spas and top-notch restaurants. Relaxing and welcoming, this city attracts tourists with its local tours and shopping. A top sight in the area is Worlds of Fun.
- You'll find 271 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Kansas City
- The closest major airport is in Kansas City, MO (MCI-Kansas City Intl.), 26.5 mi (42.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Excelsior Springs
Taking local tours is a top activity, and Fence Stile Vineyards and Winery is one place to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Excelsior Golf Course and Paradise Playhouse.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Inn on Crescent Lake Bed and Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Worlds of Fun, 17.2 mi/27.6 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Excelsior Springs
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 61°F and the nighttime average to be 16°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 87°F during the day and 36°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 17°F at night
- About 41.14 inches of rain falls on Excelsior Springs each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 87°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 19°F