Families will find kid-friendly activities in Fajardo, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and lush rainforest. This city also attracts tourists with its local tours. Top sights around the area include Luquillo Beach, El Yunque National Forest, and Palomino Island.
- You'll find 933 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Juan
- The closest major airport is in Vieques (VQS-Antonio Rivera Rodriguez), 17.3 mi (27.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Culebra (CPX-Benjamin Rivera Noriega), 23.4 mi (37.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fajardo
The beaches and rainforest exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Las Cabezas de San Juan Nature Reserve and Laguna Grande. Horseback riding, taking a ferry, and taking local tours are top activities, while sights to visit include El Conquistador Golf Course. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Parque Nacional Balneario Seven Seas and Cape San Juan Light.
In Fajardo, you'll be able to select from 62 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sueños del Mar Vacation Rentals - With a stay at this 3-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a rooftop terrace, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- El Conquistador Resort - Our customers like the dining options and bar at this resort. With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Fajardo Inn - This 3-star hotel features 2 outdoor pools, 3 restaurants, and free parking. Expedia customers like its dining options and beach locale.
Top places to see outside the city include Luquillo Beach, located 6.2 mi (10 km) from the heart of the city, and El Yunque National Forest, which is 8.7 mi (14 km) away.
Dressing for Fajardo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 85°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 71°F
- From April to June, the average is 89°F during the day and 73°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 76°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 89°F as the daytime average and 73°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Fajardo is 52.34 inches
- August and September are usually the hottest months averaging 89°F, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 72°F