Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Carolina, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, top-notch restaurants, and casinos. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its bars, live music, and cafés. San Juan Cathedral, La Fortaleza - Palacio de Santa Catalina, and San Juan Gate are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 362 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of San Juan
- The closest major airport is in San Juan (SJU-Luis Munoz Marin Intl.), 5.2 mi (8.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Vieques (VQS-Antonio Rivera Rodriguez), 35.2 mi (56.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Carolina
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Balneario de Carolina, Pine Grove Beach, and Carolina Beach. Additionally, you might want to add Plaza Carolina to your agenda.
In Carolina, you'll find 129 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn & Suites San Juan, Puerto Rico - With a stay at this 3-star resort, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and overall value.
- The Ritz-Carlton, San Juan - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this resort. With a stay at this 5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a casino, along with pillowtop beds.
- Embassy Suites by Hilton San Juan Hotel & Casino - With a stay at this 3.5-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a casino and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its WiFi and clean, comfortable rooms.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include San Juan Cathedral, 12.1 mi/19.4 km from the heart of the city, and La Fortaleza - Palacio de Santa Catalina, which is 12.1 mi (19.5 km) away.
Dressing for Carolina
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 70°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 72°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 76°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 88°F and nighttime averages of 71°F
- About 73.07 inches of rain falls on Carolina each year
- Usually September and October are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 71°F