Visiting Fort Hood
Visitors can enjoy all that Fort Hood has to offer including the football games, university setting, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its restaurants.
- You'll find 90 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Killeen
- The closest major airport is in Killeen, TX (GRK-Killeen-Fort Hood Regional), 11.7 mi (18.9 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort Hood
A favorite place to visit in the city is 1st Cavalry Division Museum. Additionally, you'll find Killeen Mall and Vive Les Arts Theatre in the area.
As you start planning your visit to Fort Hood, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 34 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Killeen is 7.2 mi (11.6 km) from the center of Fort Hood. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Killeen can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Temple, TX is located 23.2 mi (37.3 km) from the heart of Fort Hood. This 2.5-star hotel in Temple features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Super 8 by Wyndham Temple is 20.9 mi (33.6 km) from central Fort Hood. Guests who stay at this 2-star motel in Temple can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Dressing for Fort Hood
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 74°F during the day and 37°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 93°F, while the average at night is 52°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 95°F with nighttime averages of 63°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 37°F
- Fort Hood gets about 36.06 inches of rain per year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 94°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 40°F