Visitors to Genoa are sure to enjoy the hot springs, spas, and restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its lakeside setting. Stewart Indian School, Heavenly Ski Resort, and Nevada State Railroad Museum are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 275 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Carson City
- The closest major airport is in Lake Tahoe, CA (TVL), 12.4 mi (20 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Truckee, CA (TKF-Truckee Tahoe), 26.6 mi (42.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Genoa
The city's hot springs and lakeside provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Mormon Station State Historic Park. Additionally, you might want to add Genoa Courthouse Museum to your agenda.
Here's a top rated place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- David Walley's Resort - This 3-star condo resort features 2 outdoor pools, a restaurant, and free WiFi. Expedia travelers love its bar and breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Stewart Indian School, 8 mi/12.9 km from the heart of the city, and Heavenly Ski Resort, which is 8 mi (12.9 km) away.
Dressing for Genoa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 62°F and the nighttime average to be 17°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 34°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 78°F during the day and 17°F at night
- Genoa gets about 7.68 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 18°F