Families will find kid-friendly activities in Glendale, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and riverfront. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and university setting. Around the area, top sights include Denver Botanic Gardens, Denver Museum of Nature and Science, and Denver Zoo.
- You'll find 1032 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Denver
- The closest major airport is in Denver, CO (APA-Centennial), 10.3 mi (16.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Broomfield, CO (BJC-Rocky Mountain Metropolitan), 17 mi (27.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Glendale
A favorite place to visit in the city is Infinity Stadium and Park. In the area, you'll also find Denver Botanic Gardens and Denver Museum of Nature and Science.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Glendale. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi, and free parking. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Denver - Cherry Creek - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Staybridge Suites Denver - Cherry Creek - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Denver Zoo, 3.4 mi/5.4 km from the heart of the city, and Molly Brown House Museum, which is 3.4 mi/5.4 km away.
Dressing for Glendale
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 56°F during the day and 18°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 30°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 70°F and nighttime averages of 17°F
- Glendale gets about 17.01 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 84°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 18°F