Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lakewood, and visitors give high marks for the shopping, top-notch restaurants, and live music scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its mountain views and entertainment choices. Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver's Downtown Aquarium, and Pepsi Center are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1018 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Denver
- The closest major airport is in Broomfield, CO (BJC-Rocky Mountain Metropolitan), 13.8 mi (22.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Denver, CO (APA-Centennial), 15.8 mi (25.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lakewood
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountain views and Bear Creek Lake Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Belmar Shopping Mall is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lakewood Cultural Center and Denver Federal Center.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 36 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Lakewood. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hyatt House Denver/Lakewood at Belmar - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and WiFi.
- Residence Inn Denver Southwest/Lakewood - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Denver West - Federal Center, CO - This 2.5-star aparthotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Popular places to visit in the area include Sports Authority Field at Mile High, located 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from the city center, and Denver's Downtown Aquarium, which is 4.5 mi (7.3 km) away.
Dressing for Lakewood
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 61°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 18°F
- From April to June, the average is 90°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 18°F as the nighttime average
- About 13.86 inches of rain falls on Lakewood each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 19°F