Visiting Wheat Ridge
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in Wheat Ridge, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the restaurants, mountain views, and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its lakeside setting. Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver's Downtown Aquarium, and Elitch Gardens Theme Park are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 1018 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Denver
- The closest major airport is in Broomfield, CO (BJC-Rocky Mountain Metropolitan), 9.5 mi (15.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Denver, CO (APA-Centennial), 19.5 mi (31.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Wheat Ridge
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver's Downtown Aquarium, and Elitch Gardens Theme Park. In the area, you'll also find Pepsi Center and Coors Field.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging accommodations to pick from in Wheat Ridge. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wheat Ridge-Denver West - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and central location.
- Comfort Inn Denver West - Our customers like the pool and proximity to shopping at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and a fitness center.
- The Gallery Residences On 38th - This 4-star apartment features free WiFi, free parking, and a library. Expedia customers love its breakfast and spacious, clean rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include United States Mint, located 6.3 mi (10.1 km) from the city center, and Coors Brewery, which is 6.3 mi/10.1 km away.
Dressing for Wheat Ridge
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 18°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 42°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 18°F
- About 13.86 inches of rain falls on Wheat Ridge each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 90°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 19°F