Families will find kid-friendly activities in Goldsboro, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Rural and culturally-rich, this city attracts tourists with its theaters and entertainment choices.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodations in Goldsboro
- The closest major airport is in Greenville, NC (PGV-Pitt-Greenville), 38.7 mi (62.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Jacksonville, NC (OAJ-Albert J. Ellis), 44.2 mi (71.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Goldsboro
The city is well known for its theaters and opera, and cultural venues include Ava Gardner Museum, Rudy Theater, and Wayne County Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Carolina Premium Outlets is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Goldboro Muncipal Golf Course and Hinnant Family Vineyards.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 37 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Goldsboro. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Goldsboro - Base Area - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its quiet location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Smithfield-Selma, NC - Our customers like the beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Smithfield Selma/I-95 - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and proximity to shopping.
Getting Around Goldsboro
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Selma-Smithfield Station. Goldsboro might not have many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Goldsboro
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 69°F during the day and 32°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 90°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 90°F with nighttime averages of 58°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 78°F and nighttime averages of 33°F
- Goldsboro gets about 48.78 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 89°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 34°F