Travelers to Smithfield give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's riverfront, churches, and university setting.
- You'll find 36 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Goldsboro
- The closest major airport is in Raleigh, NC (RDU-Raleigh - Durham Intl.), 36.2 mi (58.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Fayetteville, NC (FAY-Fayetteville Regional), 46 mi (74 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Smithfield
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Carolina Premium Outlets is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Ava Gardner Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Smithfield. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
Dressing for Smithfield
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 67°F and the nighttime average to be 30°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 55°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 30°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Smithfield is 47.76 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 31°F