Visiting Green Cove Springs
Visitors can enjoy all that Green Cove Springs has to offer including the riverfront, forests, and churches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its entertainment choices. Top sights around the area include World Golf Village, Jacksonville Naval Air Station, and The Avenues.
- You'll find 785 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Jacksonville
- The closest major airport is in St. Augustine, FL (UST-Northeast Florida Regional), 23.2 mi (37.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Jacksonville, FL (CRG-Jacksonville Executive at Craig), 30.2 mi (48.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Green Cove Springs
A couple of favorite places to visit are Clay County Fairgrounds and Military Museum of North Florida. Additionally, in the area you'll find World Golf Village and Jacksonville Naval Air Station.
This is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- River Park Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the top places to see outside the city is The Avenues, 19.9 mi/32.1 km from the center of the city.
Dressing for Green Cove Springs
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 76°F during the day and 45°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 69°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- About 49.25 inches of rain falls on Green Cove Springs each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 47°F