Visiting St. Johns
Visitors can enjoy all that St. Johns has to offer including its golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens, Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art, and The Avenues.
- There are 589 hotels and other accommodations in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in St. Augustine, FL (UST-Northeast Florida Regional), 16.8 mi (27 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Jacksonville, FL (CRG-Jacksonville Executive at Craig), 18.7 mi (30.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in St. Johns
A favorite place to visit in the city is The Champions Club at Julington Creek. Additionally, in the area you'll find Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens and Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art.
As you start planning your visit to St. Johns, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 30 hotels and lodging options locally. Listed here are places to stay in the region:
- Hyatt Regency Jacksonville is 17.6 mi (28.3 km) from central St. Johns. This 4-star hotel in Jacksonville features 2 restaurants, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and beach locale.
- Howard Johnson by Wyndham Historic St. Augustine FL is 20.3 mi (32.7 km) from the center of St. Johns. This 2-star hotel in St. Augustine features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and central location.
- The Smart Stay Inn is located 15.6 mi (25.1 km) from the heart of St. Johns. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star motel in St. Augustine can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its central location and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include The Avenues, located 8 mi (12.8 km) from the heart of the city, and World Golf Village, which is 9.4 mi/15.1 km away.
Dressing for St. Johns
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 70°F during the day and 45°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 91°F, while the average at night is 56°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 92°F with nighttime averages of 69°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 84°F and nighttime averages of 45°F
- St. Johns gets about 45.31 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 91°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 47°F