Visiting Fleming Island
Visitors to Fleming Island are sure to enjoy the restaurants and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices and football games. Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens, Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art, and Jacksonville Naval Air Station are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 772 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Jacksonville
- The closest major airport is in Jacksonville, FL (CRG-Jacksonville Executive at Craig), 20 mi (32.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in St. Augustine, FL (UST-Northeast Florida Regional), 24.2 mi (38.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fleming Island
A favorite place to visit in the city is The Golf Club At Fleming Island. In the area, you'll also find Cummer Museum of Art and Gardens and Jacksonville Museum of Modern Art.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fleming Island - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Jacksonville Naval Air Station, 8.5 mi/13.6 km from the city center, and The Avenues, which is 11.1 mi (17.9 km) away.
Dressing for Fleming Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 76°F and the nighttime average to be 45°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 56°F at night
- July through September averages 92°F during the day and 69°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 84°F during the day and 45°F at night
- About 49.25 inches of rain falls on Fleming Island each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 47°F