Visitors to Grimsby are sure to enjoy the lakeside setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's waterfalls and wineries.
- You'll find 88 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Hamilton
- The closest major airport is in Hamilton, ON (YHM-John C. Munro Hamilton Intl.), 17.9 mi (28.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Toronto, ON (YTZ-Billy Bishop Toronto City), 32.1 mi (51.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Grimsby
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakeside and such places to visit as Beamer Memorial Conservation Area and Lake Ontario. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Grimsby Museum and Objects to Desire.
This is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Casablanca Winery Inn - This 3.5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and helpful staff.
Getting Around Grimsby
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Grimsby Station. Grimsby might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Grimsby
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and 17°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 80°F, while the average at night is 32°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- Grimsby gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 79°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 19°F