Visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Oakville, which is also known for its university setting and theaters. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment choices. Top sights in the area include CN Tower, Toronto Public Library, and Canada's Wonderland.
- You'll find 1042 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Toronto
- The closest major airport is in Toronto, ON (YYZ-Pearson Intl.), 16.4 mi (26.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Toronto, ON (YTZ-Billy Bishop Toronto City), 20.1 mi (32.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oakville
Well known for its theaters, the city's cultural venues include Canadian Golf Hall Of Fame, Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts, and Oakville Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Gairloch Gardens, Coronation Park, and Bronte Heritage Park. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Sheridan College is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Oakville. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Toronto/Oakville - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Sandman Hotel Oakville - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Staybridge Suites Oakville - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its bar and central location.
Getting Around Oakville
If you want to journey outside of the area, hop aboard a train from Oakville Station, Mississauga Oakville Station, or Oakville Bronte Station. Oakville might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Oakville
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 46°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 13°F
- From April to June, the average is 77°F during the day and 29°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 80°F during the day and 44°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 63°F as the daytime average and 17°F as the nighttime average
- Average annual rainfall for Oakville is 0 inches
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 78°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 16°F