Families will find kid-friendly activities in Thorold, and visitors give high marks for the beautiful waterfalls and top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its university setting and lakeside setting. Horseshoe Falls, Bridal Veil Falls, and American Falls are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 472 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Niagara Falls, Canada
- The closest major airport is in Niagara Falls, NY (IAG-Niagara Falls Intl.), 14.3 mi (23 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Buffalo, NY (BUF-Buffalo Niagara Intl.), 26.8 mi (43.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Thorold
Favorite places to visit in the city include Lock 7 Viewing Complex, Welland Canal Lock 7, and Lundy's Lane. In the area, you'll also find Horseshoe Falls and Bridal Veil Falls.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Thorold. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Robinsong Bed and Breakfast - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and comfortable beds.
- Four Points by Sheraton St. Catharines Niagara Suites - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- The Inn at Lock Seven - This 2-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a library. Expedia customers like its dining options and helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include American Falls, located 7.8 mi (12.6 km) from the city center, and Niagara Falls State Park, which is 8 mi (12.9 km) away.
Dressing for Thorold
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 48°F during the day and 18°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 78°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 81°F with nighttime averages of 48°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 67°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- Thorold gets about 1.22 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 78°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 20°F