Visitors can enjoy all that Hondo has to offer including the cafés, safari tours, and opera houses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping and golf courses.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in Hondo
- The closest major airport is in San Antonio, TX (SAT-San Antonio Intl.), 39.7 mi (64 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Hondo
Favorite places to visit in the city include Hondo Park, Medina County Museum, and Hondo Golf Course. In the area, you'll also find Medina Lake and Castroville Regional Park.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Hondo. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Best Western Hondo Inn - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Executive Inn of Hondo - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to an outdoor pool and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Regency Inn - This 2-star motel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and helpful staff.
Top places to see outside the city include San Antonio SeaWorld, located 25.3 mi (40.6 km) from the city center, and Frio River, which is 30.8 mi (49.5 km) away.
Dressing for Hondo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 78°F during the day and 39°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 94°F, while the average at night is 53°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 97°F with nighttime averages of 64°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 86°F and nighttime averages of 39°F
- Average annual rainfall for Hondo is 26.22 inches
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 95°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 40°F