Visiting Imperial Beach
Couples looking to get away will find a romantic atmosphere in Imperial Beach, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. Welcoming and scenic, this city also attracts tourists with its restaurants. Top sights around the area include Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo, and SeaWorld.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodations in Imperial Beach
- The closest major airport is in Tijuana, Baja California Norte (TIJ-General Abelardo L. Rodriguez Intl.), 8.8 mi (14.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (SAN-San Diego Intl.), 11.4 mi (18.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Imperial Beach
The city's beaches and sunsets provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include Silver Strand State Beach. In the area, you'll also find Balboa Park and San Diego Zoo.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Imperial Beach. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Pier South Resort, Autograph Collection - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and clean rooms.
- Sand Castle Inn - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 2.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi.
Outside the city, top places to visit include San Diego Convention Center, located 9.2 mi (14.8 km) from the city center, and SeaWorld, which is 14.1 mi/22.7 km away.
Dressing for Imperial Beach
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 67°F and the nighttime average to be 47°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 53°F at night
- July through September averages 76°F during the day and 60°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 74°F during the day and 47°F at night
- Imperial Beach gets about 9.69 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 75°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 47°F