Visiting San Ysidro
Budget-minded travelers will find good deals in San Ysidro, and visitors give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its beaches and live music. Around the area, top sights include Balboa Park, San Diego Zoo, and Club Campestre Golf Course.
- There are 7 hotels and other accommodations in San Ysidro
- The closest major airport is in Tijuana, Baja California Norte (TIJ-General Abelardo L. Rodriguez Intl.), 4.5 mi (7.2 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in San Diego, CA (SAN-San Diego Intl.), 14.9 mi (24 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in San Ysidro
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Las Americas Premium Outlets is a favorite for retail therapy. Additionally, in the area you'll find Balboa Park and San Diego Zoo.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 7 hotels and other lodging accommodations to select from in San Ysidro. Below are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Americana Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its convenient parking and helpful staff.
- Quality Inn & Suites Near The Border - Our customers like the breakfast and proximity to the airport at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Rodeway Inn - This 1.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and proximity to shopping.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include San Diego Convention Center, 12.4 mi/20 km from the city center, and Club Campestre Golf Course, which is 4.1 mi/6.6 km away.
Getting Around San Ysidro
Nearby metro stations include Beyer Blvd Trolley Station and San Ysidro Transit Center Station. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for San Ysidro
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 67°F and the nighttime average to be 43°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 76°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 81°F during the day and 58°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 43°F at night
- San Ysidro gets about 11.50 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually September and August with an average temperature of 79°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 44°F