Visiting Indian Wells
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Indian Wells, and visitors give high marks for the pristine golf courses, entertainment choices, and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its live music and shopping. Top sights in the city include Indian Wells Tennis Garden and Living Desert Zoo and Gardens.
- You'll find 1849 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Palm Springs
- The closest major airport is in Bermuda Dunes, CA (UDD), 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Thermal, CA (TRM-Jacqueline Cochran Regional), 11.7 mi (18.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Indian Wells
Top places to visit in the city include Indian Wells Tennis Garden and Living Desert Zoo and Gardens. Additionally, you might want to add San Jacinto Mountains to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Indian Wells. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Sands Hotel and Spa - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free Internet. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa - Our customers like the quiet location and room service at this resort. With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 7 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Renaissance Indian Wells Resort & Spa - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with a private balcony. Expedia customers like its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
Top places to see around the area include River, located 4.4 mi (7 km) from the heart of the city, and Palm Springs Air Museum, which is 12.2 mi (19.7 km) away.
Dressing for Indian Wells
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 44°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 106°F, while the average at night is 58°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 108°F with nighttime averages of 69°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 97°F and nighttime averages of 44°F
- Indian Wells gets about 2.36 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 107°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 45°F