Visitors to Idyllwild are sure to enjoy the mountain views and entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music and cafés. Top sights around the area include Desert Hills Premium Outlets, Moorten Botanical Garden and Cactarium, and Palm Springs Aerial Tramway.
- There are 100 hotels and other accommodations in Idyllwild
- The closest major airport is in Palm Springs, CA (PSP-Palm Springs Intl.), 15.7 mi (25.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Murrieta, CA (RBK-French Valley), 24.9 mi (40.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Idyllwild
The hiking trails, mountain views, and forests highlight the city's natural beauty, and Idyllwild Nature Center, Idyllwild Park, and San Jacinto Mountains are worth a visit. Additionally, in the area you'll find Desert Hills Premium Outlets and Moorten Botanical Garden and Cactarium.
In Idyllwild, you'll find 100 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for a perfect holiday retreat. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Creekstone Inn - This 3-star lodge features free WiFi, free parking, and a computer station. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Quiet Creek Inn - Our customers love the quiet location and spacious, clean rooms at this cabin. With a stay at this 3-star cabin, guests can enjoy access to free parking and concierge services, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Idyllwild Bunkhouse - This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Popular places to visit in the area include Palm Springs Aerial Tramway, 13.6 mi/21.9 km from the heart of the city, and Palm Springs Air Museum, which is 16 mi/25.8 km away.
Dressing for Idyllwild
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 61°F during the day and 30°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 84°F, while the average at night is 32°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 87°F with nighttime averages of 51°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 76°F and nighttime averages of 29°F
- About 24.84 inches of rain falls on Idyllwild each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 83°F, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 30°F