Visiting Isla Vista
Visitors can enjoy all that Isla Vista has to offer including the beaches, university setting, and live music. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sporting events. Top sights around the area include Santa Barbara Natural History Museum, Mission Santa Barbara, and Santa Barbara Museum of Art.
- You'll find 532 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Santa Barbara
- The closest major airport is in Santa Barbara, CA (SBA-Santa Barbara Municipal), 1.7 mi (2.7 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Santa Ynez, CA (SQA), 18 mi (29 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Isla Vista
The picturesque setting of Coal Oil Point Reserve and Goleta Point exemplify the city's natural beauty. The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of California-Santa Barbara is worth a campus tour. Additionally, in the area you'll find Santa Barbara Natural History Museum and Mission Santa Barbara.
As you start planning your visit to Isla Vista, your ideal accommodation may not be in the heart of the city but you'll find 245 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city center.
- Pacifica Suites is located within 0.5 mi (0.7 km) of the city center. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Santa Barbara can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- The Ritz-Carlton Bacara, Santa Barbara is located 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city center. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Goleta can enjoy access to a winery and 3 outdoor pools, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and pool.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Santa Barbara Museum of Art, located 9.1 mi (14.6 km) from the city center, and Santa Barbara County Courthouse, which is 9.1 mi/14.7 km away.
Dressing for Isla Vista
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 66°F during the day and 40°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 72°F, while the average at night is 46°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 75°F with nighttime averages of 54°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 73°F and nighttime averages of 40°F
- About 17.28 inches of rain falls on Isla Vista each year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 74°F, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 41°F