Visitors are sure to enjoy all that Islesboro has to offer. In Islesboro, there are 2 hotels and other accommodations to choose from. The closest major airport is in Rockland, ME (RKD-Knox County Regional), 20.2 mi (32.5 km) from the city center. The next closest is in Bar Harbor, ME (BHB-Hancock County - Bar Harbor), 28.1 mi (45.2 km) away.
Sightseeing and Staying in Islesboro
Places to visit in the larger region include Windsor Chairmakers, Holbrook Island Sanctuary State Park, and Lincolnville Ferry Terminal. In the area, you'll also find Dyce Head Lighthouse and Schoolhouse Museum.
As you plan your vacation to Islesboro, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 77 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Islesboro Island - Waterfront Apartment is located 2.4 mi (3.9 km) from the heart of Islesboro. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Northport can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchenette. Our customers like its dining options and breakfast.
- Island Location Ocean Front Home With Spectacular Views of Penobscot Bay is 4.6 mi (7.3 km) from central Islesboro. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Rockland can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its central location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Point Lookout is 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from the center of Islesboro. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Rockland can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Islesboro
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 46°F and the nighttime average to be 6°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 9°F at night
- Islesboro gets about 41.93 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 9°F