Visitors can enjoy all that Castine has to offer including the beaches, forests, and golf courses. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its university setting.
- You'll find 236 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Camden
- The closest major airport is in Bar Harbor, ME (BHB-Hancock County - Bar Harbor), 21.8 mi (35 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Bangor, ME (BGR-Bangor Intl.), 27.7 mi (44.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Castine
The city's natural beauty is on display at Fort George Park, Fort Madison State Park, and Holbrook Island Sanctuary State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Castine Historical Society and Castline Golf Club.
As you plan your vacation to Castine, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 69 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Moonrise Anchorage - Two Bedroom Home is 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from central Castine. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Northport can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness center, along with an in-room kitchenette. Our customers like its quiet location and WiFi.
- Historic 7 Bedroom, 2 House Family Compound On Hatch's Cove is located 0.3 mi (0.5 km) from the heart of Castine. Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Belfast can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and room size.
- Perfect Family Get Away is 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from the center of Castine. This 3-star guesthouse in Lincolnville features 2 outdoor pools, free breakfast, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
Dressing for Castine
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 46°F and the nighttime average to be 6°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 27°F at night
- July through September averages 80°F during the day and 42°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 64°F during the day and 9°F at night
- About 41.93 inches of rain falls on Castine each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 9°F