Visitors to Jozankei are sure to enjoy the hot springs. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas, riverfront, and coffeehouses. Top sights around the area include Sapporo JR Tower, Sapporo Beer Museum, and Mt. Okura Ski Jump Stadium.
- There are 16 hotels and other accommodations in Jozankei
- The closest major airport is in Sapporo (OKD-Okadama), 17.2 mi (27.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Sapporo (CTS-New Chitose), 30.4 mi (48.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Jozankei
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the hot springs and Jozankei Hot Spring. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Jozankei Shrine and Jozankei Dam.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 16 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Jozankei. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hanamomiji - With a stay at this 3.5-star ryokan, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and helpful staff.
- Jozankei Tsuruga Resort Spa MORI no UTA - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, free breakfast, and a restaurant.
- Shogetsu Grand Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Sapporo JR Tower, located 14.1 mi (22.7 km) from the city center, and Sapporo Beer Museum, which is 15 mi/24.1 km away.
Dressing for Jozankei
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 46°F and the nighttime average to be 19°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 69°F during the day and 31°F at night
- July through September averages 78°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 67°F during the day and 22°F at night
- Jozankei gets about 46.30 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 74°F, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 21°F