Visitors can enjoy all that Plainwell has to offer including the monuments, churches, and restaurants. The quaint and walkable setting also entices those visiting the city.
- You'll find 95 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Kalamazoo
- The closest major airport is in Kalamazoo, MI (AZO-Kalamazoo-Battle Creek Intl.), 14.9 mi (24 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Grand Rapids, MI (GRR-Gerald R. Ford Intl.), 30.9 mi (49.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Plainwell
Places to visit in the larger region include Bittersweet Ski Resort, Kalamazoo College, and Kalamazoo Valley Museum. In the area, you'll also find Kalamazoo Institute of Arts and Western Michigan University.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Comfort Inn Plainwell - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
Dressing for Plainwell
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 53°F during the day and 18°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 83°F, while the average at night is 33°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 83°F with nighttime averages of 46°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 66°F and nighttime averages of 19°F
- Plainwell gets about 35.71 inches of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 82°F, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 19°F