Visiting La Plata
Visitors can enjoy all that La Plata has to offer including the soccer matches, churches, and waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its art. A top sight in the area is George Washington Masonic National Memorial.
- You'll find 50 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Waldorf
- The closest major airport is in Washington, DC (DCA-Ronald Reagan Washington National), 22.4 mi (36 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in College Park, MD (CGS), 31.3 mi (50.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in La Plata
George Washington Masonic National Memorial is a notable place to visit in the region. Additionally, you'll find Thomas Stone National Historic Site and Port Tobacco Courthouse in the area.
Below is a top rated accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express La Plata - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for La Plata
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 62°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 26°F
- From April to June, the average is 88°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 89°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 27°F as the nighttime average
- About 44.49 inches of rain falls on La Plata each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 28°F