Families will find kid-friendly activities in Rockville, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping, and fun sporting events. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its university setting. Top sights around the area include White House, Lincoln Memorial, and Ford's Theater.
- You'll find 71 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Bethesda
- The closest major airport is in Gaithersburg, MD (GAI-Montgomery County Airpark), 5.5 mi (8.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in College Park, MD (CGS), 14.6 mi (23.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Rockville
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Rockville Town Center is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Stone Street Medical Museum and Beall-Dawson Historic House Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Rockville. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Rockville-Gaithersburg - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its overall value and pool.
- Cambria Hotel Rockville - Our customers like the central location and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- Hilton Garden Inn Rockville-Gaithersburg - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to see include White House, 14.6 mi/23.5 km from the city center, and Lincoln Memorial, which is 14.9 mi (24 km) away.
Getting Around Rockville
With so many transportation options, seeing Rockville is simple. Head to Rockville Station to catch metro. To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Rockville Station.
Dressing for Rockville
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 59°F and the nighttime average to be 27°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 85°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 70°F during the day and 27°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Rockville is 40.31 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 28°F