Visiting Lexington - Salisbury
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lexington - Salisbury, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its wineries, shopping, and university setting.
- There are 25 hotels and other accommodations in Lexington - Salisbury
- The closest major airport is in Winston-Salem, NC (INT-Smith Reynolds), 23.6 mi (37.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Greensboro, NC (GSO-Piedmont Triad Intl.), 29.1 mi (46.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lexington - Salisbury
Wine tasting is one of the top activities, while Richard Childress Vineyards, Native Vines Winery, and Old Stone Winery are favorite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lexington Golf Club and Davidson County Historical Museum.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 25 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Lexington - Salisbury. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Salisbury - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Salisbury - Our customers like the overall value and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Courtyard by Marriott Salisbury - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Outside the city, popular places to see include North Carolina Aviation Museum, located 25 mi (40.2 km) from the heart of the city, and Sunset Theater, which is 27.7 mi/44.6 km away.
Getting Around Lexington - Salisbury
If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Lexington Station, Lexington Station, or Salisbury Station. Lexington - Salisbury might not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Lexington - Salisbury
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 68°F and the nighttime average to be 28°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 41°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 53°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 28°F at night
- Lexington - Salisbury gets about 44.33 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 29°F