Expedia Verified Reviews
Get an overview of this hotelSecluded all-suite LA hotel off Sunset Strip
Popular property highlights
Walk to Sunset Strip
This private, Mediterranean-style, all-suite hotel is on a residential street in West Hollywood, a half-block from the nightclubs of famed Sunset Strip and 1 mile from Beverly Hills.
The Sunset Marquis Hotel and Villas attracts celebrity clients with its subtropical gardens, two outdoor pools, 24-hour room service, an intimate restaurant, a private bar, WiFi (surcharge), and a recording studio.
Suites and villas at Sunset Marquis Hotel and Villas offer in-room massage & Frette Italian linens. Amenities include refrigerators, twice-daily housekeeping, and wireless Internet (surcharge).
Located on a West Hollywood residential street, Sunset Marquis Hotel and Villas underwent a $25 million expansion and renovation in August 2008. Accommodations include 100 suites in the main building, as well as 52 detached villas. The hotel is set on five acres of lush gardens, koi ponds, waterfalls, brick paths, and tropical foliage.
The all-suite hotel features two restaurants, which offer 24-hour room service. Guests can enjoy a cocktail in the dark and discreet atmosphere of the intimate Bar 1200, while the hotel's restaurant serves up an A-list dining experience. The Spa at Sunset Marquis pampers guests with products by Erbe, Porsche furniture, and a full service menu.
The Sunset Marquis Hotel and Villas includes a free pass to the nearby fitness center. Two heated outdoor pools are open throughout the year. The larger pool is a popular spot for sunbathing and features private cabanas. A second, smaller pool is positioned across from manicured gardens and provides a greater degree of privacy, closer to the villas. The hotel also offers fax, photocopy and print services.
The Sunset Marquis features two heated outdoor pools open year round, one of which offers private cabanas.
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Free use of nearby fitness center
- Number of outdoor pools - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Full-service spa
- Gift shops or newsstand
- 24-hour front desk
- Poolside bar
- Business center
- Conference space
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Total number of rooms - 152
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 3
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 11.95 per day )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 11.95 per night )
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free weekday newspaper
- Designer toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Premium bedding
- Pay movies
- In-room massage available
- Free toiletries
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Turndown service
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Digital TV service
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Frette Italian sheets
- Pillowtop mattress
Where to Eat
Restaurant at the Sunset Marquis - This intimate restaurant features American and Californian cuisine for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, and room service is available 24 hours per day.
Bar 1200 - Located off the hotel's lobby, this discreet, dimly lit bar is a popular spot for visiting musicians and other celebrities. Open in the evenings.
Nearby Things to Do
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Water skiing nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Surfing/boogie boarding nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Personal motorized watercraft on site
- Sailing nearby
Sunset Marquis Hotel and Villas features a European style spa, with a frosted glass door leading into iridescent tiled walls and soft music in the background. A variety of services are available at the spa, ranging from a quick pedicure to a full-day of treatments in private rooms with massage beds by Porche, private showers, and separate toilet rooms.
The spa features exclusive products by Erbe.
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Facial treatments
- Aromatherapy treatments
- Hydrotherapy treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 40 per day.
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
- A 0.239 percent city/local tax will be charged
- Breakfast fee: between USD 25 and USD 35 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 11.95 per day (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 11.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Valet parking fee: USD 40 per day (in/out privileges)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 40 per day
- Marquis Sunset
- Sunset Marquis
- Sunset Marquis Hotel
- Sunset Marquis Hotel West Hollywood
- Sunset Marquis West Hollywood
We should mention
This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.