Find Hotels in Middletown, PA
Great deals on hotels, cabins, vacation homes & more
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visitors to Middletown are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, bars, and university setting. Around the area, top sights include Hershey's Chocolate World, Hersheypark Stadium, and Pennsylvania State Capitol.
- You'll find 221 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Harrisburg - Hershey
- The closest major airport is in Harrisburg, PA (MDT-Harrisburg Intl.), 1.8 mi (2.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Harrisburg, PA (HAR-Capital City), 7.1 mi (11.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Middletown
The university setting is a highlight of the city and Penn State Harrisburg is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Middletown & Hummelstown Railroad and Doc's Family Fun Center.
Here's a top rated accommodation based on Expedia user reviews:
- Comfort Inn & Suites – Harrisburg Airport – Hershey South - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Hershey's Chocolate World, 7 mi/11.3 km from the city center, and Hersheypark Stadium, which is 7.2 mi/11.6 km away.
Getting Around Middletown
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Middletown Station. Middletown may not have many public transit options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Middletown
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 56°F and the nighttime average to be 22°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 85°F during the day and 38°F at night
- July through September averages 86°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 69°F during the day and 24°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Middletown is 40.71 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 84°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 24°F