Visiting Mount Vernon
Visitors to Mount Vernon are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's live music and entertainment choices.
- There are 4 hotels and other accommodations in Mount Vernon
- The closest major airport is in Lexington, KY (LEX-Blue Grass), 49.8 mi (80.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Mount Vernon
Places to visit in the larger region include Kentucky Music Hall of Fame and Museum, Lake Linville Park, and Camp Wildcat Battlefield. In the area, you'll also find Sinking Valley Vineyard and Winery and William Whitely House.
Below is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
Dressing for Mount Vernon
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 65°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 28°F
- From April to June, the average is 87°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 87°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 74°F as the daytime average and 28°F as the nighttime average
- Mount Vernon gets about 47.17 inches of rain per year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 87°F, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 30°F