Visiting New Albany
Visitors to New Albany are sure to enjoy the riverfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's opera houses, entertainment choices, and art. Top sights around the area include Muhammad Ali Center, Churchill Downs, and Louisville Slugger Museum.
- You'll find 303 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Louisville
- The closest major airport is in Louisville, KY (SDF-Louisville Intl.), 8.6 mi (13.9 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Louisville, KY (LOU-Bowman Field), 9.7 mi (15.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in New Albany
Muhammad Ali Center, Churchill Downs, and Louisville Slugger Museum are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. In the area, you'll also find Riverfront Plaza Belvedere and KFC Yum Center.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in New Albany. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- The Pepin Mansion Historic B&B - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and clean rooms.
- Best Western Plus West I-64 - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Holiday Inn Express New Albany - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall condition and location.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, located 7.1 mi (11.4 km) from the city center, and Kentucky Exposition Center, which is 7.9 mi/12.7 km away.
Dressing for New Albany
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 64°F and the nighttime average to be 27°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 43°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 75°F during the day and 27°F at night
- About 44.88 inches of rain falls on New Albany each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 29°F