Visiting Oak Harbor
Visitors to Oak Harbor are sure to enjoy the waterfront. Tourists can also enjoy the city's sporting events, museums, and festivals. A top sight in the area is Centrum.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodations in Oak Harbor
- The closest major airport is in Lopez Island, WA (LPS), 19 mi (30.5 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Friday Harbor, WA (FRD), 23.8 mi (38.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Oak Harbor
The city's natural beauty is on display at Flintstone Park, Windjammer Park, and Joseph Whidbey State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are PBY Memorial Foundation PBY-Naval Air Museum and Whidbey Playhouse.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Oak Harbor. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Candlewood Suites Oak Harbor - This 2.5-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking, and a 24-hour fitness center. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its helpful staff and room size.
- Wildwood Farm Bed and Breakfast - Our customers like the breakfast and location at this B&B. With a stay at this 2.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Oak Harbor Hotel & Conference Center - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Centrum, 12 mi/19.4 km from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Oak Harbor
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 35°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 65°F, while the average at night is 40°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 68°F with nighttime averages of 45°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 61°F and nighttime averages of 35°F
- About 20.28 inches of rain falls on Oak Harbor each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 67°F, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 35°F