Visiting Port Townsend
History buffs will enjoy exploring Port Townsend, and visitors give high marks for the bustling port and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping.
- There are 51 hotels and other accommodations in Port Townsend
- The closest major airport is in Everett, WA (PAE-Snohomish County - Paine Field), 26.3 mi (42.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Lopez Island, WA (LPS), 26.9 mi (43.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Port Townsend
Cultural venues in the city include Key City Public Theatre, Centrum, and Port Townsend Marine Science Center. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Point Wilson Lighthouse and Marrowstone Point Lighthouse. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Kah Tai Lagoon Nature Park, Fort Worden State Park, and Chetzemoka Park.
In Port Townsend, there are 51 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday retreat. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Blue Gull Inn Bed and Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Huber's Inn Port Townsend - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable beds at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Manresa Castle - With a stay at this 3-star castle, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and quiet location.
Dressing for Port Townsend
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 55°F and the nighttime average to be 38°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 70°F during the day and 42°F at night
- July through September averages 74°F during the day and 49°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 63°F during the day and 37°F at night
- About 19.06 inches of rain falls on Port Townsend each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 72°F, while the coldest months are December and February with an average of 38°F