Visiting Oak Ridge
Travelers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Oak Ridge, which is also known for its shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, museums, and entertainment choices. Top sights in the area include Sunsphere Tower, Women's Basketball Hall of Fame, and Ijams Nature Center.
- You'll find 172 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Knoxville
- The closest major airport is in Knoxville, TN (TYS-McGhee Tyson), 19.9 mi (32.1 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Oak Ridge
Cultural venues in the city include American Museum of Science and Energy, Oak Ridge Art Center, and Children's Museum of Oak Ridge. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Oak Ridge National Laboratory and Oak Ridge Playhouse.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Oak Ridge. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Oak Ridge - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hampton Inn Oak Ridge - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool, and free WiFi.
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Oak Ridge - Knoxville - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and pool.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Sunsphere Tower, located 20.3 mi (32.6 km) from the heart of the city, and Women's Basketball Hall of Fame, which is 20.9 mi/33.6 km away.
Dressing for Oak Ridge
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 66°F and the nighttime average to be 29°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 88°F during the day and 44°F at night
- July through September averages 89°F during the day and 54°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 76°F during the day and 29°F at night
- About 50.91 inches of rain falls on Oak Ridge each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 88°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 30°F