Visiting Ocean City
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Ocean City, and visitors give high marks for the seaside, pristine golf courses, and top-notch restaurants. Walkable and relaxing, this city also attracts tourists with its bars. Top sights in the city include Ocean City Beach, Ocean City Boardwalk, and Jolly Roger Amusement Park.
- There are 1646 hotels and other accommodations in Ocean City
- The closest major airport is in Ocean City, MD (OCE-Ocean City Municipal), 5 mi (8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Salisbury, MD (SBY-Salisbury - Ocean City Wicomico Regional), 23.4 mi (37.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Ocean City
Cultural venues in the city include Ripley's Believe It or Not Museum, Ocean City Life-Saving Station Museum, and Wheels of Yesterday. Families come for attractions such as Ocean City Boardwalk, Jolly Roger Amusement Park, and Jolly Roger at the Pier. The city is notable for landmarks like Oceanic Fishing Pier, Transpeninsular Line Marker, and Verrazano Bridge.
In Ocean City, there are 1646 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Aloft Ocean City - This 3-star hotel in Midtown Ocean City features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and proximity to shopping.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Ocean City - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and convenient parking at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 3-star hotel in Midtown Ocean City can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- The Edge at Fager's Island - This 3.5-star hotel in Midtown Ocean City features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and location.
Other favorite sights in Ocean City include Ocean City Beach, Maryland Beach, and Casino at Ocean Downs. A top sight in the surrounding area is Bethany Beach Boardwalk, located 11.2 mi (18.1 km) from the center of the city.
Dressing for Ocean City
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 57°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 27°F
- From April to June, the average is 83°F during the day and 40°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 84°F during the day and 56°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 72°F as the daytime average and 29°F as the nighttime average
- Ocean City gets about 42.37 inches of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 83°F, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 29°F