Families will find kid-friendly activities in Payson, and visitors give high marks for the riverfront and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its forests and casinos.
- There are 46 hotels and other accommodations in Payson
- The closest major airport is in Scottsdale, AZ (SCF), 54.5 mi (87.6 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Payson
The hiking trails, riverfront, and forests exemplify the city's natural beauty, and places to visit include Tonto National Forest and Mongollon Rim Visitor Center. Fishing is a top activity, and Payson Golf Course is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Mazatzal Casino to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 46 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Payson. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Mazatzal Hotel & Casino - This 2.5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, an indoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and helpful staff.
- Kohl's Ranch Lodge by Diamond Resorts - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and clean, comfortable rooms at this lodge. With a stay at this 3-star lodge, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Majestic Mountain Inn - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and helpful staff.
Dressing for Payson
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 65°F, while nighttime temperatures stay around 25°F
- From April to June, the average is 92°F during the day and 33°F at night
- July through September sees average temperatures of 92°F during the day and 47°F at night
- In October-December, you can expect 79°F as the daytime average and 25°F as the nighttime average
- About 21.06 inches of rain falls on Payson each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 90°F, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 26°F