Travelers to Sanford give high marks for the lakeside setting, top-notch restaurants, and shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo, live music, and theaters. Top sights around the area include Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens and Blue Springs State Park.
- You'll find 8864 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Orlando
- The closest major airport is in Orlando, FL (SFB-Orlando Sanford Intl.), 2.7 mi (4.4 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Orlando, FL (MCO-Orlando Intl.), 24.7 mi (39.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sanford
The city's cultural venues include Wayne Dench Performing Arts Center and Sanford Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Seminole Towne Center is a favorite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens and St. Johns Rivership.
As you plan your vacation, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging accommodations to choose from in Sanford. Here are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Park Place Inn and Cottages - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a terrace, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Comfort Inn & Suites - Our customers like the breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Springhill Suites by Marriott Orlando North/Sanford - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its pool and proximity to the airport.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Blue Springs State Park, located 11.7 mi (18.8 km) from the heart of the city.
Getting Around Sanford
If you want to venture outside of the area, hop on a train at Sanford Station. Sanford may not have many public transit options so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Sanford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 80°F and the nighttime average to be 49°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 92°F during the day and 58°F at night
- July through September averages 93°F during the day and 71°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 49°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Sanford is 53.03 inches
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 92°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 50°F