Visiting Cape Cod
Travelers to Cape Cod give high marks for the seafood restaurants, beaches, and pristine golf courses. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping. Top sights in the city include Cape Cod Museum of Art, Cape Cod Museum of Natural History, and Nauset Lighthouse.
- There are 2774 hotels and other accommodations in Cape Cod
- The closest major airport is in Hyannis, MA (HYA-Barnstable Municipal), 7.9 mi (12.8 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Provincetown, MA (PVC-Provincetown Municipal), 21.1 mi (33.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cape Cod
Cultural venues in the city include Cape Cod Museum of Art, Cape Cod Museum of Natural History, and Edward Gorey House. Attractions like Cape Codder Water Park, Cape Cod Inflatable Park, and Cape Cod Carousel are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Nauset Lighthouse, Pilgrim Monument, and Highland Lighthouse.
In Cape Cod, there are 2774 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- A Little Inn on Pleasant Bay - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Liberty Hill Inn - Our customers love the dining options and room size at this B&B. With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Village Inn Cape Cod - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Cape Cod include Herring Cove Beach, Sandy Neck Beach, and Hyannis Harbor. Outside the city, top places to visit include Plimoth Plantation, 23.8 mi/38.2 km from the city center, and Plymouth Rock, which is 26 mi (41.9 km) away.
Getting Around Cape Cod
With so many transportation options, seeing all of Cape Cod is a breeze. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Hyannis Transportation Center. You can take a ferry from the port.
Dressing for Cape Cod
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 49°F and the nighttime average to be 21°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 76°F during the day and 34°F at night
- July through September averages 79°F during the day and 50°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 66°F during the day and 24°F at night
- About 43.31 inches of rain falls on Cape Cod each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 77°F, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 23°F