Visiting Treasure Island
Travelers to Treasure Island give high marks for the beaches, live music scene, and entertainment choices. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its restaurants and bars. Salvador Dali Museum, Tropicana Field, and Sunken Gardens are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 2651 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of St. Petersburg - Clearwater
- The closest major airport is in St. Petersburg, FL (SPG-Albert Whitted), 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in St. Petersburg, FL (PIE-St. Petersburg-Clearwater Intl.), 10.8 mi (17.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Treasure Island
The city's beaches and sunsets provide a picturesque setting and places to visit include John's Pass and Village Boardwalk. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Dolphin Marine Rentals and Treasure Bay Golf and Tennis.
In Treasure Island, you'll find 361 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Here you'll find top ones based on our user reviews:
- Treasure Island Beach Resort - This 4-star resort features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its pool and convenient parking.
- Sunset Inn & Cottages - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this motel. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star motel in Sunset Beach can enjoy access to free parking and self-service laundry, along with free WiFi.
- Beach House Cabanas - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Salvador Dali Museum, located 8.4 mi (13.5 km) from the city center, and Tropicana Field, which is 7.3 mi (11.7 km) away.
Dressing for Treasure Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 53°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 91°F during the day and 63°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 74°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 87°F during the day and 54°F at night
- About 50.79 inches of rain falls on Treasure Island each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 55°F