Visitors to Surabaya are sure to enjoy the coffeehouses. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses, monuments, and volcano viewpoints.
- There are 319 hotels and other accommodations in Surabaya
- The closest major airport is in Surabaya (SUB-Juanda), 7.9 mi (12.8 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Surabaya
Attractions like Surabaya Zoo, Suroboyo Carnival Night Market, and Ciputra Waterpark are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Sharp Bamboo Monument, Joko Dolog Statue, and Submarine Monument. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Tunjungan Plaza and Grahadi.
In Surabaya, there are 319 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have ample places to choose from for your holiday retreat. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Bumi Surabaya City Resort - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 4 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Vasa Hotel Surabaya - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Majapahit Surabaya Managed by AccorHotels - This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants, and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
Getting Around Surabaya
To explore the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Surabaya Gubeng Station or Surabaya Pasar Turi Station. Surabaya might not have very many public transportation choices so consider a car rental to maximize your time.
Dressing for Surabaya
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 89°F and the nighttime average to be 75°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 89°F during the day and 74°F at night
- July through September averages 91°F during the day and 73°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 92°F during the day and 74°F at night
- Average annual rainfall for Surabaya is 65.87 inches
- Hottest months are usually October and November with an average temperature of 91°F, while the coldest months are August and September with an average of 73°F