Find Hotels in Sydney
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on Jul 16, 2020
Reviewed on Sep 21, 2020
Where to stay in Sydney
Sydney Central Business District
4.5/5Wonderful!(1,320 area reviews)
Known for its captivating waterfront views and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in Sydney Central Business District. Check out top attractions like Sydney Tower and SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, and jump on the metro at Wynyard Station or Martin Place Station to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(269 area reviews)
Once the site of rusting railroad yards and wharves, one of Sydney’s greatest urban renewal projects now buzzes with museums, boutiques and eateries.
This coastal suburb of Sydney is like something from a postcard, and a haven for surfers, swimmers and sunbakers.
A noteworthy feature of The Rocks is its captivating waterfront views. While you're in town, be sure to stop and check out Circular Quay and Overseas Passenger Terminal.
Discover the cultural diversity, rich heritage and scenic river parks of the second-oldest settlement in Australia, in the heart of the greater Sydney region.
Travelers to Sydney give high marks for the bustling port, renowned opera house, and shopping. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, restaurants, and art. Top sights in the city include Sydney Tower, SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, and Sydney Town Hall.
- There are 2724 hotels and other accommodations in Sydney
- The closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), 5.3 mi (8.6 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Wollongong, NSW (WOL-Illawarra Regional), 53.5 mi (86.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Sydney
Known for its opera, museums, and theaters, the city's cultural venues include Sydney Opera House, Capitol Theatre, and Madame Tussauds Sydney. Attractions like SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium, Luna Park, and Taronga Zoo are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for its monuments and landmarks like Sydney Tower, Sydney Harbour Bridge, and Hillsong Church.
In Sydney, you'll be able to select from 2724 hotels and other lodging accommodations so you'll have a variety of choices for a perfect holiday retreat. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Jonahs Restaurant & Accommodation, Whale Beach - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Mrs Banks Boutique Hotel - Our customers like the beach locale and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a café, along with free WiFi.
- Medusa Boutique Hotel - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to concierge services and a computer station, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Sydney include Sydney Town Hall, Hyde Park, and Royal Botanic Gardens. Outside the city, popular places to visit include Putty Beach, 25 mi/40.2 km from the heart of the city, and Ettalong Diggers Club, which is 25.4 mi (40.9 km) away.
Getting Around Sydney
With so many transportation options, seeing all of Sydney is a breeze. Walk to nearby metro stations like Martin Place Station, Wynyard Station, and St. James Station. If you'd like to explore more of the area, hop aboard a train from Sydney Circular Quay Station, Exhibition Centre Station, or Sydney Central Station. You can take a ferry from the port.
Dressing for Sydney
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 78°F and the nighttime average to be 60°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 73°F during the day and 47°F at night
- July through September averages 68°F during the day and 46°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 77°F during the day and 53°F at night
- About 46.77 inches of rain falls on Sydney each year
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 78°F, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 47°F
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Sydney?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Sydney, will I receive a refund?
Where can I learn more about changing or cancelling my trip to Sydney?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Sydney?
What's the best place to stay in Sydney Central Business District?
What's a favorite place to stay in Darling Harbour?
What's the best accommodation for a family trip to Sydney?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic getaway to Sydney?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Sydney?
What's the best hotel to stay with easy access to Circular Quay?
What about the best place to stay near Star Casino?
Recent reviews of Sydney hotels
More trip options
- Sydney Hotels by Star Rating
- Hotels near Sydney Airports
- Hotels in Sydney Neighborhoods
- Hotels near Popular Sydney Attractions
- More Accommodation Types in Sydney
- More Hotel Options in Sydney
- Sydney Hotels by Brand
- More Popular Hotels in New South Wales
- Other Hotels near Sydney, New South Wales
- Hotels in Popular Destinations
- Hotel Deals
- Expedia's Latest Trends