Visitors to Tarentum are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's architecture and hockey games. Top sights around the area include PNC Park, Heinz Field, and Monongahela Incline.
- You'll find 268 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Pittsburgh
- The closest major airport is in Pittsburgh, PA (PIT-Pittsburgh Intl.), 25.5 mi (41.1 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Latrobe, PA (LBE-Arnold Palmer Regional), 32.3 mi (52 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Tarentum
Shopping is a favorite activity, so consider an excursion to Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills and Pittsburgh Mills Mall. Additionally, you might want to add Deer Lakes Park to your agenda.
This is a top accommodation based on our user reviews:
- Springhill Suites by Marriott Pittsburgh Mills - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its clean, comfortable rooms and room size.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include PNC Park, located 16.4 mi (26.5 km) from the city center, and Heinz Field, which is 16.9 mi/27.2 km away.
Dressing for Tarentum
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 54°F during the day and 18°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 81°F, while the average at night is 31°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 82°F with nighttime averages of 44°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 68°F and nighttime averages of 20°F
- Average annual rainfall for Tarentum is 41.85 inches
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 81°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 19°F