Travelers to Temecula give high marks for the array of wineries, casinos, and lakeside setting. This city also attracts tourists with its live music, shopping, and festivals. Top sights in the city include Old Town Temecula Community Theater, Temecula Creek Inn Golf Course, and Ponte Winery.
- There are 234 hotels and other accommodations in Temecula
- The closest major airport is in Murrieta, CA (RBK-French Valley), 5.8 mi (9.3 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Carlsbad, CA (CLD-McClellan-Palomar), 26.4 mi (42.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Temecula
Known for its live music, jazz scene, and festivals, the city's cultural venues include Old Town Temecula Community Theater, Orange Empire Railroad Museum, and Ramona Bowl Amphitheatre. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the riverfront and such places to visit as San Jacinto Mountains and Lake Perris. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Promenade is a favorite for retail therapy.
In Temecula, there are 234 hotels and other lodging options so you'll have plenty of choices for your holiday getaway. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Ponte Vineyard Inn - This 4-star hotel features a winery, a restaurant, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its bar and helpful staff.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Temecula Murrieta - Our customers like the convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Carter Estate Winery and Resort - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to a winery and free breakfast, along with an in-room fireplace. Expedia customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
Other favorite sights in Temecula include Temecula Creek Inn Golf Course, Ponte Winery, and Wilson Creek Winery. Outside the city, top places to visit include March Field Air Museum, located 27.9 mi (44.8 km) from the city center, and Mission San Juan Capistrano, which is 29.6 mi (47.7 km) away.
Getting Around Temecula
To see more of the larger area, hop aboard a train at Perris Station. Temecula might not have very many public transit options so consider renting a car to explore more.
Dressing for Temecula
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 69°F and the nighttime average to be 45°F
- From April to June, temperatures average about 78°F during the day and 49°F at night
- July through September averages 82°F during the day and 59°F at night
- In October-December, the average temperature is 79°F during the day and 44°F at night
- Temecula gets about 0.39 inches of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 81°F, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 45°F