Visiting Tierra Bomba Island
Visitors to Tierra Bomba Island are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's restaurants and monuments. Around the area, top sights include Puerta del Reloj, San Felipe de Barajas Castle, and San Fernando Fort.
- You'll find 608 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Cartagena
- The closest major airport is in Cartagena (CTG-Rafael Nunez Intl.), 7.6 mi (12.2 km) from the city center
Sightseeing and Staying in Tierra Bomba Island
Notable city landmarks like San Fernando Fort and Neo-Gothic Church Ruins might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and Playa de Punta Arena. Additionally, in the area you'll find Puerta del Reloj and San Felipe de Barajas Castle.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 10 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Tierra Bomba Island. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Blue Apple Beach House - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Hotel Fenix Beach Cartagena - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant, and an outdoor pool.
- Palmarito Beach Hotel - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a private beach and free breakfast, along with in-room LED TVs. Expedia customers like its helpful staff.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include San Pedro Claver Church and Convent, 5.2 mi/8.4 km from the heart of the city, and Jaime Moron Stadium, which is 6.1 mi (9.9 km) away.
Dressing for Tierra Bomba Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 86°F during the day and 72°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 88°F, while the average at night is 76°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 88°F with nighttime averages of 77°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 87°F and nighttime averages of 74°F
- Average annual rainfall for Tierra Bomba Island is 2.83 inches
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 88°F, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 73°F