Families will find kid-friendly activities in Vallejo, and visitors give high marks for the theme park, shopping, and top-notch restaurants. Scenic and vibrant, this city also attracts tourists with its festivals. Around the area, top sights include Lafayette Gallery, Artesa Winery, and Jelly Belly Factory.
- You'll find 71 Expedia hotels and other accommodations in the larger area of Fairfield
- The closest major airport is in Napa, CA (APC-Napa Valley), 8.1 mi (13 km) from the city center
- The next closest is in Concord, CA (CCR-Buchanan Field), 13.6 mi (21.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Vallejo
Well known for its festivals, the city's cultural venues include Empress Theatre, Vallejo Naval and Historical Museum, and Mare Island Historic Park Foundation Artifacts Museum. Favorite family attractions include Solano County Fairgrounds and Six Flags Discovery Kingdom. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Vallejo Farmers Market is a favorite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Vallejo. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Courtyard by Marriott Vallejo Napa Valley - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool, and free WiFi. It's a favorite with Expedia travelers for its family-friendly amenities and bar.
- Quality Inn near Six Flags Discovery Kingdom-Napa Valley - Our customers like the central location and room size at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi, and free parking.
- Regency Inn - With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and comfortable, quiet rooms.
Top places to visit in the area include Lafayette Gallery, 16.3 mi/26.3 km from the heart of the city, and Artesa Winery, which is 12.8 mi (20.6 km) away.
Dressing for Vallejo
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 65°F during the day and 43°F at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 72°F, while the average at night is 48°F
- July through September has daytime averages of 74°F with nighttime averages of 55°F
- In October-December, you can expect daytime averages of 74°F and nighttime averages of 43°F
- Vallejo gets about 24.53 inches of rain per year
- Usually September and October are the hottest months with an average of 73°F, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 44°F